1. For you, a thousand times over.
~ The kite runner, Khaled Hosseini
2. I’m almost never serious, and I’m always too serious. Too deep, too shallow. Too sensitive, too cold-hearted. I’m like a collection of paradoxes.
~ Ferdinand de Saussure
3. That often the wanting of something is better than actually having it and if you keep looking at what you have left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead. Furthermore, it teaches that one true friend is worth infinitely more than a multitude of acquaintances.
4. To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.
~ G MacDonald
5. I want to be like water. I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship.
6. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you.
~ Persuasion, Jane Austen
7. It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realise just how much you love them.
~ Agatha Christie
8. When reading, we don’t fall in love with the character’s appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls.
9. I really like you a lot. I realised it today. I know you don’t like me back. It’s okay if I just like you on my own. But…you seeing someone else, thinking about someone else , liking someone else…it’s strange…that’s not okay. Just thinking about that makes my heart lurch. It hurts, like it’s sinking. I think I might like you a lot.
10. I wish there were necklaces given to us at birth that were half of a unique shape and your soul mate wore the other half and they got warmer the closer together you were and colder the further away you were so you could go on this journey when you’re ready to find your other half so that you could be spared all the pain and heartbreak of being played with by those who don’t take dating as seriously as you do.
11. Whatever woman do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult.
~ Charlotte Whitton
12. The truth is that the more intimately you know someone, the more clearly you’ll see their flaws. That’s just the way it is. This is why marriages fail, why children are abandoned, why friendships don’t last. You might think you love someone until you see the way they act when they’re out of money or under pressure or hungry, for goodness’ sake. Love is something different. Love is choosing to serve someone and be with someone in spite of their filthy heart. Love is patient and kind, love is deliberate. Love is hard. Love is pain and sacrifice, it’s seeing the darkness in another person and defying the impulse to jump ship.
~ The great Kamryn
13. The sexualization of women is only appealing if it’s nonconsensual. Otherwise it’s “sluttiness.”
~ Lindy west, “Female purity is Bullshit”
Scientists divide my body
but when you are in my presence,
it all becomes nervous.
15. Oh shut up. Every time it rains, it stops raining. Every time you hurt, you heal. After darkness, there is always light and you get reminded of this every morning but still you choose to believe that the night will last forever. Nothing lasts forever. Not the good or the bad. So you might as well smile while you’re here.
~I wrote this for you
16. When my absence doesn’t alter your life, then my presence has no meaning in it.
17. Maybe if your dick was thicker than your goddamn eyebrows we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
18. I fucking hate it when you’re in such a fantastically giddy mood and then you see one simple little thing that makes you think, “oh” and then you just get this empty feeling in your chest and you get nauseous and the world just crumbles and you want to just lay under a blanket and close your eyes and fall asleep and never wake up.
19. If Lucifer needs someone’s consent to enter their body then so do you!
(Context of TV show Supernatural, in which the character Lucifer needs a willing human vessel to be able to walk around and he always asks the permission of the human to ensure that they make a conscious decision to allow him to enter their body.)
20. I’d rather be around a passionate nerd than a non-passionate cool person. Because if you lack passion, your soul is diminishing by the second. You have to be passionate about something. Call it obsessed or whatever you want, but be obsessed about something. Obsessed people care. I’m passionate about so many things, it becomes an issue at certain points, but at least you have the ability to feel that much about something.
~ Matt Cohen
21. Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more.
22. The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.
23. Sometimes you have to be your own hero, because sometimes the people you can’t live without, can live without you.
24.That’s who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of.
~ John green
25. Eventually soul mates meet, for they have the same hiding place.
~ Robert Brault
(Author’s note: Originally posted this to VulcanPost)